Public Realm and Private Resident Amenity
- Pedestrian and Cycle Priority
- Pavement widths on Little Paradise, Leicester Street and Stafford Street will be a minimum of 2 metres.
- An extension to Leicester Street to improve connectivity through the site and restricted one way only on Stafford Street.
- Enhancing and improving the Malago Greenway – a strategic cycle route.
- Encouraging slow traffic movements to function as a social community space.
- Street Edge
- Homes step down to street level on Little Paradise activating the ground floor, giving legibility and providing natural surveillance.
- Street Trees and Landscaping
- Tree planting on Malago Road and Stafford Street increasing existing numbers by 4.
- Landscaping design on Little Paradise to provide a stepped private in to public / private in to public realm and to provide some natural screening and privacy.
Private Amenity for Residents
- Designed and contain items to help promote and encourage a community spirit including self grow planters, moveable furniture, personalised pots, pergolas and WIFI.
- Connection within the building to create a sheltered communal space for community notice board, book swap and seed bank.
- Private Balconies / Terraces
- Majority of apartments has own private external space
- Private defensible space provided for those homes at ground level either opening on to Little Paradise or in to the courtyards.
- Roof Terraces
- Contain areas for residents to self grow.
- Brown roof landscape to create habitat for wildlife.